Friday, January 31, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
I am really enjoying the Digital Processes Blog coming from Lawrence U. students! My visit there was intensely wonderful. When does one get such a chunk of time to create a huge installation of their work in a beautiful space like the Wriston Galleries (see photos posted on FB)??? Meeting the art students at Lawrence U was one of my favorite parts of being there. They were very attentive and none of them fell asleep - or at least I did not notice. I have since been reading their blogging and also watching their experimental videos. Did I mention I love experimental videos???? Thank you Julie Lindemann and Johnie Shimon for making this happen. A very bright spot in my life - a good way to begin 2014.
The work is up for TWO months -- Wriston Galleries, Lawrence U. -- up in Appleton, WI.
thank you for the photos - SONY and Kate Siakpere
Friday, January 24, 2014
|iPhone Photo by Julie Lindemann|
Digital Processes: Sandy Dyas: my eyes are not shut: Sandy Dyas installing her exhibition, my eyes are not shut, in the Wriston Art Center Galleries, Lawrence University, Appleton, Wiscons...
Monday, January 20, 2014
Sandra Dyas: my eyes are not shut
January 16th --- March 16th, 2014
- Event: Artist lecture with Sandra Dyas and opening reception
- Date/Time: January 17, 6 p.m.,
- Location: Kohler Gallery, Wriston Art Center, Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin (Directions)
- Address: 711 E. Boldt Way, Appleton, WI 54911 (Map)
- Phone: (920) 832-7000Sandra Dyas is a visual artist and a Lecturer in the Art Department at Cornell College. She received her MFA in Intermedia at the University of Iowa in 1998. Her first book of photographs entitled “Down to the River; Portraits of Iowa Musicians” was published by the University of Iowa Press in June 2007. Sandra has two daughters and lives in Iowa City, Iowa.“Drawn to people and environments and especially light, my camera is a way of recording life as I see it. I strive to create a collaborative and authentic portrait of the ever-changing, strange and beautiful world we live in. This book is a collection of people, places and things I want to hold on to and remember.”
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Easy Ed blogs about my latest and best exhibition ever - now showing in Wriston Galleries at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Easy Ed features my work on NO DEPRESSION the cool music blog you might know about. Thank you dear Ed!
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
It is beautiful here in Appleton, Wisconsin. I arrived yesterday in a rented minivan full of art, frames and more art. It takes about five or more hours to get here from Iowa City but it is worth it. Appleton is really beautiful...and today we have a blizzard - a really snowy, not too cold, blizzard. Beth Zinsli and Leslie Walfish are the best. They are helping me install my photos and videos into the big gallery - The Kohler Gallery at Lawrence University will host my work for about two months. The show opens this Friday, January 17th, 2014.